Thursday 9 May 2013

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog on modelling the 3'6" / 42" gauge Queensland Railways in S scale, known as Sn3½ or Sn42.

Sn3½ or Sn42 is 1:64 scale models running on 16.5mm gauge track (Same gauge as HO and OO scale track work).

With this Blog, I will will aim to document the build up of models and lessons learnt along the way.

I was a 15 year veteran of modelling HOn3½ up to about 4 years ago, but decided to move to S scale because of the greater selection of track options, good selection of kits to get started, easier to build diesel locomotive mechanisms, a small but enthusiastic group of modeller in this scale and larger models so in my books easier to scratch build. S scale may not be for everyone, but it works for me!

I hope over time this Blog will help modellers, in not just in S scale, to learn from my experience as go through building my rolling stock and eventually building a modular layout based on the branch line of Texas, Queensland Australia.

Best regards,

QRphil

No comments:

Post a Comment